Monday, May 21, 2007

Mommy, Did we Loose Missy?

Ok, I have SO MUCH to write about - things going on that are making me CRAZY!
BUT - Last week one night my big boy had a bit of a melt-down and as he was calming down from it he asked the cutest thing....
"Mommy, did we loose Missy?"
"Which Missy do you mean, honey?" I asked. I only know one Missy, but he goes to daycare, so you never know.
"You know Mommy, Missy & Julie"
Missy and Julie and Lizzy are our adult nieces, and Missy moved to Maryland last summer. We really haven't seen too much of her since then. She's been back north a few times, but schedules haven't really meshed. I explained that she lived far away now, but that we would see her some time, hopefully soon. But Ronnie was really upset, so I asked him if he wanted me to help him e-mail her.
"No, Mommy. Can we call her?"
Thankfully I still have her cell phone number - so we dialed it - he pushed the 'send' button.
We left Missy a message telling her we love her and miss her.
It is so easy to loose people, people we care about, people we love - unless we take the time to reach out to them.
Don't forget to connect with those you love today!

No comments: